Rosie in the Park Family Fun Day posted on 1 May 2012
On 21st April 2012, from 12 noon until late afternoon, everyone is invited to come along to ‘Rosie in the Park’ – a fun day out for families, children and local people of all ages.
Activities will include slides, rides, market stalls, live entertainment, food and drink plus a prize-packed raffle with a chance to win a week’s summer holiday accommodation in France and much more.
And it’s all for a very worthwhile cause. Profits from the event will benefit the Big Push for the Rosie Campaign that is aiming to raise £150,000 this year from the community to support the modernisation and expansion of the Rosie Hospital.
Construction to double the size of the Rosie – already recognised as one of the finest maternity hospitals in the country – is due for completion this summer. It will provide much-needed extra space and new facilities for the growing local population. The extra funds raised by the community will help to provide additional equipment and furnishings for the new hospital.
To support the fundraising, six students studying for a BA in Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Management at Anglia Ruskin University are organising the event as a key part of their final year programme.
Student Jonathan Marriott said: “The Rosie Campaign is the ideal cause to benefit from a community charity event that will be a lot of fun for local children and their families and friends. Local retailers, the City Council and the community have been so generous with their support. All the profits we raise will make a difference to help give babies born at the Rosie the best possible start in life. We hope as many people as possible will come along to enjoy a very special day out.”
The programme includes something for everyone. Attractions will include music, games, an inflatable obstacle course, a large bouncy slide and face painting, plus arts and crafts activities. Among the food stalls will be a hog roast and popular restaurant Nando’s will be serving its famous flame-grilled chicken.
The Rosie Campaign mascot – a six-foot larger than life white rabbit – will mingle with the crowd throughout the day, plus visitors will have a chance to buy Rosie Campaign wristbands and cuddly Rosie Rabbits.
Raffle prizes include a week’s accommodation for a family in a French cottage; a six-month gym membership from LA Fitness; plus meals, vouchers, jewellery, golf and plenty of other goodies. Raffle tickets will be on sale on the day and are also available online to buy now at www.rosieinthepark.com
To find out more about Rosie in the Park, contact Jonathan Marriott, Anglia Ruskin University, Tel: 07500 971275 or email email@example.com
Website: www.rosieinthepark.com and keep in touch via Facebook and Twitter.
- Entertainment - Family: Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer Live!, Tall Stories: My Brother the Robot, Dr. Brown Brown Brown Brown Brown & His Singing Tiger, Spot’s Birthday Party, Big Wooden Horse: Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
- Entertainment - Cinemas
- Entertainment - Comedy
- Entertainment - Film
- Entertainment - Clubs
- Entertainment - Stage
- Entertainment - Visual Arts
- Entertainment - Live Music
- Entertainment - Exhibitions
- Entertainment - Local Government
- Entertainment - Transport
- Entertainment - Charities
- Entertainment - Support Groups
- Entertainment - Utility Companies
- Entertainment - Waste Management
- Entertainment - Spoken Word
- Entertainment - Karaoke
- Entertainment - Dance Performance
- Entertainment - Workshops
- Entertainment - Children's Entertainers
- Entertainment - Official Cambridge Tourist Information
- Entertainment - Festivals
- Entertainment - Sports
- Entertainment - Private Member's Clubs