Visit Cambridge posted on 20 September 2011
Visit Cambridge is the official tourism service for Cambridge. Its role is to promote Cambridge and the surrounding area as a visitor destination both domestically and internationally.
A key objective is to ensure that our 4 million visitors each year have a positive experience and always leave looking forward to their next visit.
It works with over 200 tourism partners to maximise the economic benefits from these visitors, whilst aiming to minimise any negative impact on the city centre.
Located in the heart of Cambridge, in the Old Courts area of the Guildhall, Visit Cambridge is responsible for the following:
- Managing a busy Tourist Information Centre promoting Cambridge and the surrounding area to leisure and business travellers (we receive in the region of 400,000 visitors to the centre each year).
- The Official Blue and Green Badge walking tours of the city
- PR activity to the travel media both in the UK and overseas
- An accommodation booking service
- Help with itinerary planning for visitors
- A conference/venue finding service
- The development and management of Cambridge’s official tourism website (www.visitcambridge.org) which receives in the region of 1 million visitors each year.
The Visit Cambridge Membership Scheme forms the foundation for a ground breaking partnership between the public and private sectors.
It provides real opportunities for tourism businesses and organisations to access a wide range of commercially focussed benefits and services including marketing and promotion online through it’s website (www.visitcambridge.org), in print media and through the Tourist Information Centre itself.
Just one of the many automatic benefits to membership is automatic inclusion in our annual “Cambridge and Beyond Visitor Guide” which is published both in print and on line annually.
If you have any questions regarding Visit Cambridge and the Membership scheme or just want to find out more about what we can do to support your business, please contact the Visit Cambridge office on 01223 457527 or email email@example.com
- Leisure - Tours: Audley End Miniature Railway, Visit Cambridge
- Leisure - Leisure Parks
- Leisure - Museums
- Leisure - Parks
- Leisure - Punting & Boating
- Leisure - Swimming Pools
- Leisure - Tourist Attractions
- Leisure - Zoos
- Leisure - Local Government
- Leisure - Transport
- Leisure - Fairs
- Leisure - Charities
- Leisure - Support Groups
- Leisure - Utility Companies
- Leisure - Waste Management
- Leisure - Play Centres
- Leisure - Official Cambridge Tourist Information